Sunday 11 January 2015

Recipe: Fluffy Banana Pancakes

Hello hello,

I'll be honest, this is a recipe that I just made up one day because I did not know what to feed Sophie. It turned out pretty well and I have made it twice more to get the measurement right. Since sharing is caring and I love you for reading my blog, here's the recipe:

Ingredients:
1 ripe banana
1/2 cup of flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 cup water
1 tsp. vanilla essence
1 egg
1 tsp. brown sugar
1 pinch of salt.

Method:
1. Mash the banana in a bowl with a fork.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.

 The consistency needs to be just right. Not too runny please.

3. Heat a nonstick pan on medium heat. After a minute, reduce to a low fire.
4. Ladle the pancake mixture into the pan one at a time.
5. Flip the pancakes when small bubbles start to form on about 80%  of the pancake surface.

Macam ni baru flip okay..

Nice and golden brown.

6. Leave for 2 minutes before removing it from the pan.
7. Continue until the mixture finishes.
8. Serve hot with butter and honey.

 Yummy!

Makes 4 medium sized pancakes.

P/S: To make a basic pancake, omit the banana and add 1 more teaspoon of brown sugar if you're having it plain.

Do you like pancakes? Tell me in the comments section below. If you tried this, tell me what you think below as well.



Love,
Phy

14 comments:

  1. My two favourite things mmmm!!
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg, I can never get them to look like pancakes!
    Look so yummy!

    redhairedgirlincheltenham.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lauren, thanks! Do try this recipe and tell me what you think. Hugs. :)

      Delete
  3. I love cakes and muffins made from banana. Never knew pancake can be made from banana too. Must be very tasty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mun. It is! Do try the recipe. I especially love it when I bite into little banana chunks in the pancake.

      Delete
  4. I love pancakes! I've never tried banana ones though. These look delicious.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Corinne, thanks for the compliment. I think this makes a great breakfast food. You can add protein powder nd omit the sugar if you'd like. Give it a go. 😉

      Delete
  5. These sound yummy with a capital YUM! :) I adore banana pancakes, and so does my husband. We're especially keen on adding dark chocolate chips or pieces to the batter for an extra special treat.

    Big hugs & many thanks for your lovely comment on yesterday's recipe post,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jessica, thank you for stopping by. Ooohh, adding chocolate chips/pieces to banana pancakes is certainly a treat. Can't wait to try making it.
      Aw, it's my pleasure hun, it was a lovely recipe. :)

      Delete
  6. i love pancakes! and this looks yummy. i often make the regular pancake, without any extra flavor. next time im gonna try banana pancake ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love! Yes, give it a go. You can make it with other fruits as well I'm sure... :)

      Delete
  7. I LOVE pancakes, I'm so bad at making them though, however I will be trying to recipe! Thanks for sharing :)
    It'sMyLife

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Miriam! This one's super easy, it's (dare I say) practically fool-proof. It's my pleasure and thanks for stopping by! :*

    ReplyDelete