Sunday 5 October 2014

Plus Size Fashion: Work And Play

Hello hello dearies! As I had promised on Instagram, I am going to show you how I style my mint-colored lace dress to be work-appropriate AND make it date-worthy with minimal changes.



This lacey dress is very feminine and flirty to begin with so I toned it down for work by wearing a black peplum blazer and black covered-up shoes.



I planned on wearing a floral-patterned hairband for the date. Since I dislike bringing a lot of 'loose' items in my bag (I tend to forget to use them), I decided to carry it on my person by twisting it around my bun at work.



To transform the look from 'conservative' to demure and girly, I traded my black blazer for a sheer nude coverup cinched at the waist with a brown belt. I also changed my black shoes to a pair of two-toned Oxfords.

For accessories, I tied my hair back and used the floral headband as it is. I also maintained my birdcage and rose necklace as well as my stud earrings that I wore to work.



I hope this gives you an idea on how to take an outfit from work to play. A switch of one or two article of clothing/accessories can change the look of an outfit. Don't be afraid to pair different things together and experiment. You'd be surprised at how you can maximize your wardrobe through experimentation.


Love,
Phy

No comments:

Post a Comment